Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Importance of Democracy

11 Bellevue Heights
Frankfield
Douglas
Cork
Ireland
28/2/11
Dear Mr. Gaddafi,
I'm writing to you because of what is happening in your country at the moment.
I had never heard of you until 1 or 2 weeks ago when all the trouble started in your country. I'm only 12 years old and i thought every country was like Ireland. We elect our own government and it works really well. But when i heard whats going on in your own country I was shocked! You've been incharge for over 40 years and from what I hear on the news you dont treat your own people very well. I heard a woman on the radio saying that your citizens have to queue for food and they only get a small amount of food after all the queuing. Here in ireland we walk into the shop, find what we need and pay. Its time for you to resign Mr Gaddafi, let the people decide on who will lead their next government.
Yours Sincerly,
Robert Froggatt